I love delicious fresh recipes that literally take 5 minutes to make. This is one of them! White kidney beans (otherwise known as cannelloni beans) are naturally soft, so you don’t even need to get out the food processor to make this chunky and creamy dip; a fork and some elbow grease will do.
White Bean Dip with Rosemary and Sage
1 can white kidney beans
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground sage
1/2 to 1 tsp dried rosemary
salt and freshly cracked pepper
NOTE: double the quantities of herbs if you are using fresh herbs instead of dried
1. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mash the beans with a fork until you reach the desired consistency. I highly recommend leaving some beans less mashed than others, to create texture within the dip.
3. Serve with crackers, pretzels, carrot sticks, pita bread wedges, celery… or serve it on a sandwich instead of hummus. Any other serving suggestions??
– add some crumbled feta or goat cheese
– add a dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for an extra kick
– add a squeeze of lemon juice or garlic if you’re looking for stronger flavour