When I’m not baking with zucchini, I like to grill or roast it. I find that stir frying them makes them watery and mushy, but grilling zucchini makes it sweet and chewy. Yummm!
I mentioned these grilled zucchini briefly in my dijon grilled tomatoes post a few days back, and thought I may as well share this recipe too! It is just as simple and tasty as the tomatoes, and makes for a lovely side vegetable.
1 large zucchini
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350º.
2. Wash your zucchini and trim both ends. Cut it in half, then cut each half into strip 1/4 inch thick. Lay them out on a nonstick baking sheet, or a regular baking sheet greased with a bit of olive oil.
3. Brush olive oil sparingly over the top of the zucchini. Sprinkle with dried rosemary, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The zucchini may not seem very cooked from the top, but the bottom of the zucchini will be golden brown and the herbs and oil will be absorbed into the vegetable. If you wish, you can flip the zucchini halfway through the cooking process, but I skip this step and still get great results.
5. Serve hot as a side, over a salad, or in a burger or sandwich.